Whilst most people are aware of the benefits of breastfeeding for babies, it is also important to focus on the plus points for mothers too. These include;
- Decreased risk of breast cancer.
- Decreased risk of some gynecological cancers.
- Less chance of osteoporosis.
- Only you can breastfeed your baby – mum and baby have a unique relationship and this enhances your bonding together.
- Burn 500 calories a day without a treadmill in sight.
- Uterus is brought quickly back to its pre-pregnancy position.
- Savings of approximately £45 per month (the cost of formula feeding).
- No bottles to sterilise or feeds to make up. Breast milk is always available and at the correct temperature.
- Less risk of post natal depression.
- More reason to sit or lay down and have lovely cuddles with your baby.
- Delayed menstruation but note that some women continue to ovulate so definitely not an effective means of contraception.
Learn more about feeding in our classes or to arrange a breastfeeding at home please contact Baby Pink Baby Blue.